New interview with actress Sarah French

1.- Hi Sarah!!!! A pleasure to interview again. How has it been for you during this time?
Hello! Thank you so much for having me again. It’s been a year since we spoke last time which is crazy! Time goes by so fast. I’ve been doing well, grinding away like always! A lot has happened since we spoke last year. My partners Dir Marcel Walz, Writer Joe Knetter, and I have completed 2 new features under our production company KWF Productions, formally Neon Noir, which we’re super excited about! The first one we shot last year is a film called, “Garden of Eden”. It’s a very A24/secret society style film that is beautiful, gory, fucked up and we like to call it our religious horror film. Its centers around this religious family that is very well off and they have garden parties to give back to society where you can make your most wished for dreams come true. But some dreams are nightmares for others.
The second film we made we just completed and recently had an industry screening here in LA! That one is called, “Brute 1976”. It’s our love letter to the original “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and “Hills Have Eyes”, grindhouse style films of the 70s! “Brute 1976” takes place in 1976 and it follows a group of people who are heading out to the desert to shoot a new cover to a big magazine. They stumble upon a town called Savage and find out it lives up to its name. We’re super pumped for both films and can’t wait to get them out there for all you sick and twisted fiends to enjoy haha! Lots more to come on both films so stay tuned!
2.-What projects do you have for 2024?
I recently shot this really cool new tv show/workout video series called, “Slashercise”! For you fans of the 80s horror films, you’ll dig this! It’s basically a homage to Linnea Quigleys “Horror Workout” and it’s so fun. I’m in the wrap around portion of the show, the story portion, in between the fun horror workouts you get to learn! I get to play Heather, who is a workout instructor that is spreading gossip about this killer on the loose called “meathead” and she’s kind of the bimbo of the gym. I had a blast bringing her to life! Crazy makeup, wild hair, spandex, and sexy ladies… you can’t go wrong! We have some great cameos including Tiffany Shepis, Joe Bob Briggs, Spencer Charnas, Kelli Maroney, Felissa Rose and more. Directed by Ama Lea and starring Vanessa Decker. That should be coming out sometime soon so keep your eyes peeled on that!
I also have an animated film I worked on last year that we’re announcing soon called, “Isla Monstro”! It’s a super fun animated film about humans and monsters being on this tropical island and all hell just kind of breaks loose! The humor is very Futurama meets South Park, its dirty, krass, and hilarious. My character is very much a crazy valley girl that just wanted to have a good time on this island and even when all hell breaks loose, she doesn’t let that stop her! Directed and produced by my dear friend Steven Shea with lots of great names involved! More to come on that soon, so stay tuned!
Our production company is gearing up for BIG news on “Garden of Eden” and “Brute 1976” which we can’t wait to share more on in the upcoming months. We are also slowly starting to prep for a new feature this year as well, I’ll share more when I can! Lots of more projects are in the works but I have to say this year is starting out with a bang!
3.-Will there be a second part of the fantastic movie: “Space Wars Quest for the Deepstar”?
That is definitely the goal! Our director Garo Setian and writer Joe Knetter have some great ideas for the sequel, so I really hope it happens one way or another. Kip, Jackie, and Taylor need to continue their journey, it’s not over yet!
4.-How do you prepare to play your characters?
What works for me and what I like to do is memorize the lines first and foremost, then I dive deep into the characters psyche. I try to come up with a back story… what makes them happy, what makes them sad, what makes them tick, etc. I always want to play each of my characters differently. Give them a different nuance with each film I do, bring something new to the table.
5.-Do you agree that he takes off his real weapons on film shoots?
The thing is, in this day and age you can really get some great fabricated weapons that look real but are fake and are completely safe. In my opinion there is no reason to have real, working weapons on set. Safety should always be #1, period.
6.-In your life outside of filming, what do you value most in a person?
That’s a good question! I value people that care about others, have passion, drive, goals, are go getters, hard workers, dreamers, because that’s me in a nutshell. I want to surround myself with people that have similar values as myself. I feel when you surround yourself with like-minded people, it helps to drive you, support you, push you, and makes you want to be a better and better person every day.
7.-What is the most rewarding job you have done?
That’s a tough question because each project I do, there is always something rewarding and special about them. But if I had to pick one, I’d have to say our most recent film that came out, “That’s a Wrap”. That one was very rewarding because it was the first film under our new production company. It was very, very special. That film jump started us to where we are today, 3 films under our belt since 2022 and we’re growing and one hell of a team with us. I’ve been working in the film industry for a very long time and to be a part of something you help start and build from the ground up, to see it completed and out there for all to experience and enjoy, is something very special and near and dear to my heart. I am so grateful for this team of creatives and meeting and working with so many more wonderful people along the way. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for all of us!
8.-In your opinion, do you think Hollywood runs out of ideas when filming a movie?
For sure, especially when it comes to remakes. There are some good remakes and re-envisioning’s out there, but they are far and few in between. The problem is, especially when it comes to larger budgets, I feel like the “suits” get in the way and push out the creatives. Yes, the films need to make money, of course, but don’t forget the purpose of the film in the first place, the creative part/the most important part!
9.-What could you tell me about CGI, do you like it to be used in the cinema?
CGI is necessary depending on the films and if done right it can look really great and you can do a lot with it! When it comes to gore effects in movies though, practical is where it’s at. Anytime you can use practical effects, do it. It’s just so much better. There are times where you need to accentuate an effect with some CGI but start with practical and build from there.
10.-What adjective do you think describes you best?
Can I pick a noun?? Haha! A great word that best describes me in a nutshell is Optimistic. I am always looking towards the positive side of things, because it’s so easy to get depressed and down and want to give up sometimes. Working in the film industry or any artistic venture is one of the most mentally draining and challenging paths to take, but there are so many rewards as well. There are ups and downs, you tend to wear your heart on your sleeve a lot and can easily get hurt, the rejection is brutal, work is inconsistent, I mean the list goes on. But we do it because we love it, so the battles are a part of everything as a whole. The challenges help you build character and become a stronger person in the end.
11.-And to finish. If you weren’t an actress, what would you like to work on?
Hmmmmm good question, very tough question. Since I’m such a nature loving person, maybe something to do with the outdoors, maybe working in horticulture in some facet.
Thank you for having me!.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif