Interviewing actress Melanie Gillott

1-. How was your childhood?
Coming from a musically inclined family, from an early age I knew I was passionate about music and the arts. My childhood was really defined by my creativity. I spent countless hours singing, diving into books, and writing my own short stories in the sanctuary of my room. Those were the activities that brought me joy and helped shape who I am today.

2. - From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?

When I was around five years old, my mother took me into a local music store one day, and while we were there, I saw a voice lesson in progress. It looked like so much fun to me and they were singing songs that I loved. My mother told me that I wouldn’t stop talking about the music store or the voice lesson for weeks. My parents saw how passionate I was about pursuing singing so they decided to get me lessons and I haven’t stopped singing since. My dedication to the craft of music, became the foundation upon which I built my dreams. Throughout my childhood and high school years, I was active in my school’s music department, performed in numerous community theaters and local cabarets, and studied voice and acting at the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera Academy. After I graduated high school, I moved to Los Angeles where I continued studying voice and earned my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Acting-Performing Arts at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy College of the Performing Arts. Upon graduation, I have worked as an actor and voice over actor and began releasing my own music. That foundational love for music, combined with the formative years I spent immersed in theatrical performance, naturally paved my path to become a female pop singer and actress. In essence, music is not just a part of my life; it feels like an inescapable destiny, a calling that I’ve been fortunate to embrace and share with the world.


3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?

I feel very grateful to have parents who have supported my decision to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. I won’t ever have the words to thank them enough for everything that they have done for me.   


4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?

The summer before my junior year of high school, I had my first on-camera experience participating in an anti-bullying campaign music video for Mary Motivates’ high school program: Stand Up and Choose. I feel very grateful to have had this experience and the opportunity to meet so many wonderful students from various school districts in the area where I grew up.


5. - What was the role you liked the most?

One of my favorite roles that I have played thus far in my career is Gwendolen from The Importance of Being Earnest. Gwendolen was such a fun character to play. The Importance of Being Earnest is one of my favorite plays. It was also such a full circle moment for me since the costume I wore was the same gown that I had worn during my senior year of high school’s production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella.


6.- What do you think led you to fame?

My following started to grow as I began releasing my own music. I feel so grateful for the support my audience has shown towards my music and the sense of community that has blossomed as a result.

7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?

 I love to play all sorts of characters, especially ones that push me as an actor and challenge me. One of my goals is to one day perform in a movie musical!.

8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?

I love working with people who I can learn from and are passionate about the craft of acting and storytelling.

9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)

I am passionate about the art of storytelling whether it’s through music or acting—the possibilities are unlimited. I believe that stories possess the unparalleled capacity to heal, inspire, and bridge divides. I am committed and dedicated to using my talents to uplift and resonate with others, guiding audiences through shared human experiences and emotions.


10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?

A quote that I have lived by for as long as I can remember now is, “If you’ve got a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go” said by the legendary, Carol Burnett.

11.- What has been your greatest achievement?

One of my greatest achievements thus far in my life was graduating from college. I’m proud of myself and my fellow classmates for pushing through the many challenges that we all faced during our education due to the COVID-19 pandemic.


12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?

I am currently working on a few projects at the moment and I can’t wait to share what they are, but I’m always writing new songs so I can’t wait for everyone to see what I’ve been working on!.


13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?

If I had the opportunity to make a movie in Spain, I would love to!.

14.- you like spanish cinema?

I am passionate about filmmaking and I am always eager to learn about different types of cinema, so I definitely will have to learn more about Spanish cinema!.









  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif