Interviewing actor James J Bryhan

 


 

 

1-. How was your childhood?


It was good. Brought up in the seventies to a hardworking Mom ,who did her best by me and my brothers and sister. We never wanted for nothing.

 

 

 

 

2. - From what age did you decide to be an actor and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?  


I was 5 years old and watching The six million dollar man starring Lee Majors. A story about a bionic man who was a spy . I thought to myself , I want to do that.






3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actor?


Every step of the way. They had concerns, which was natural, but they stuck by me. They did guide me to take up further education in a different field , as a back up if the acting failed, but I always believed in myself and in the end I did what i set out to do.






4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?


A documentary on aeroplane accidents. I played one of the pilots.  




5. - What was the role you liked the most?


A quite recent one. Playing a Navajo called Pat Gunther  in a revenge movie based on a true story. His character was complex, intriguing and though he wasn’t a nice guy, I loved telling his story.




6.- What do you think led you to fame?


Hard work , persistence , determination and no matter how many times I felt let down or that i wasn’t getting the work I wanted, I never quit. You can’t quit if you’re chasing your goals. Sooner or later , they become reality.




7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?


Simple. Everyone on the planet! We all have our own stories to tell and I’d like to tell them.


8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?


There’s 3 guys in the industry I love working with. Mark Strange from IP Man - Redcon 1 is one actor. A truly nice guy and a joy to work with. Warren Hicks, we had such a great chemistry on and off set that he’s become a brother to me. Got a good friend right there. The other isn’t an actor, he’s a director. Ranjeet S Marwa. 

He trusts me absolutely with every role . We think alike and enjoy telling the story right. 



9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate?


Writing. i love writing my own plays and films. 






10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?


Nothing I can put here…





11.- What has been your greatest achievement?


There’s been a few , but I have to say winning the midlands movie awards for best actor in a supporting role back in 2020 for A.R.Gus Shame my name where i play Albanian dad Agon.






12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?


There’s a few in the pipeline. A road trip movie about an alcoholic father and his son, a sequel to something I’m not allowed to mention and a theatre run.



13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?


definitely 




14.- you like spanish cinema?


Pan's Labyrinth, L'Auberge Espagnole are fantastic. I’d love to do something similar to these.

 


 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif