Interviewing actress Debora Tacylla

 



DEBORA TACYLLA:

From Brazil to the world

Get to know more about the ‘Left Alone’ star and how it all started for her.

Carlos Miguel: Hello, Debora. Thank you for agreeing to this interview. We want to get to know you better, so let’s start from the beginning, shall we? Tell me, how was your

childhood?

Debora Tacylla: Hello, Carlos. Thank you for the invitation! It is my honor to be interviewed by you. My childhood was great and memorable. I was born and raised in the countryside of Brazil, so I grew up with family around, great friends and a strong sense of culture. I had my space to be a kid, I could use my imagination as I pleased and make mistakes. But my parents also taught me from a young age how to be independent and that made a huge difference in my life.

CM: Great to know that. At what age did you decide to be an actress? And how did you know you had the skills to go on TV and in the movies?

DT: When I was in my late childhood, I wrote on a school paper that I wanted to be an actress. But it was in my early teenage years that I decided to seriously invest in it. I started at theater, in a local company called Primeiro Ato (First Act, translating to English) and

when I was not in class I would be watching Wendy Alane Wright, The Actors Academy and actingislitmylife on YouTube. My official switch from stage to screen happened with Primeiro Ato too, when we produced short films filmed remotely because of the pandemic. That was

when I realized I was ready to focus on TV and Film.

CM: Did your parents support you in your decision to be an actress?

DT: Yes and no. I come from a simple family and from a small town, so when I told my

parents that I wanted to be an actress, they were baffled. My parents enjoy watching movies and soap operas but never thought much beyond that. Let alone imagine their daughter following this path out of all the other professions available. In Brazil, we only have São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro as the main entertainment cities and it was not practical for them to leave all behind and just move to a different city. There was always a stigma of being an artist in Brazil, it’s an industry that people don't share much about how they got into and I believe the lack of information on how to start and how it is concerned my parents. They do not fully support me, but I know they trust and believe in me. They know I do my research about the industry, that I am progressing in it and that I keep making good choices.

CM: What was your first appearance on the screens?

DT: Officially, it was ‘Quebrando O Mindset Quarentenado’ (Breaking Quarantine’s Mindset), directed by Davi Dalla and produced by Primeiro Ato. I played a character called Julia and she was an influencer, that was a lot of fun. Before that, I was part of two other

short films but I am unsure when or if they will be released.

CM: Which role did you like the most?

DT: I loved all the characters I have played and all of them are important to me and my journey. But there are two roles that have a special place in my heart. And they are both characters from Primeiro Ato’s productions. One of them, Madeleine in ‘Lábios de Mel’

(Honey Lips, in English), which was a radio soap opera. That was my first lead role and the most dramatic, plot-twisted script I have ever put my hands on. The support from the local

community was also insane. We even did press for it, I do not think anyone from the cast was expecting it. And the other one was Angel in ‘Tatê o Quê?!’ (Tate What?!, in English). I had never felt so confident about a performance and so connected to a character before. And that is thanks to the whole cast. Because if you do not have good support from them, from the actors that you are interacting with and even the ones that you are not directly, it simply will not work. And we all had a connection within ourselves and each actor with their respective character. I had never seen something like that before.

CM: What do you think led you to fame?

DT: I do not consider or see myself as famous and that has never been a goal of mine. My goal has always been to be recognized for my work. I hope to keep growing inside the industry and to continue to work with what I love and with people I admire.

CM: What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?

DT: Anyone who is respectful, polite, and dedicated. It is also fulfilling to work with someone who is open minded, because no one knows everything, we can always improve. And it is

essential to feel comfortable on set. Recently, I had the joy to work alongside Kaliste Rodi and Rafael Omar Cruz, two brilliant artists and wonderful people.

CM: In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others).

DT: I am a theater kid. Even though I am more focused on Film and TV now, I would never decline an opportunity to go up on stage again. And I have wanted to be part of a music video for a while now. Artists are becoming so creative with it that it makes me want to be involved in it one day.

CM: Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?

DT: I am a private person and I think that strikes. I like to keep my personal and professional lives completely separated. And I want to keep being like that, having that control, knowing that no one knows what I am working on or doing until I say so.

CM: What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?

DT: It feels crazy to say this, but I am involved in nine projects in all stages of production. Most of them are in post-production so you will get to watch them soon. As for what I have in mind, I would love to be in a period drama. I am fascinated about its aesthetics, costumes, hair and the decoration style. And the kid inside me has always to be a superhero. I do have my eyes on a specific one, but we will have to wait to see if that happens. But as long as I get to play a strong character with a purpose, I am open to it, no matter the genre.

CM: Would you like to make a movie in Spain?

DT: Absolutely! Spain is a beautiful country with a strong culture. And I need to work on my Spanish too, so what better way to do that than spending some time in a Spanish-speaking

country?

CM: Do you like Spanish cinema?

DT: I do. I have watched ‘El Hoyo’ and ‘Contratiempo’ and I could not take my eyes off of the screen until the end. I believe Spain's industry is growing and with all the streamings we have now, I hope it means more Spanish content coming up so the world can get to know

more about its culture.

CM: Debora, it was a pleasure to interview you and have a chat. I hope you can achieve all your goals and keep shining.

DT: Thank you for having me. I had a great time as well. I wish you all the best in your career.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif