Interviewing actor Joshua Takacs



1-. How was your childhood?
I grew up in small town called Mexborough in South Yorkshire England. I had a great childhood full of fond memories and our family home was always filled with fun and laughter. My parents always made sure my sister and I had plenty of extra curricular activities to get involved with such as ballet ,singing, amateur dramatics and theatre. On reflection we were kept so busy , that is in its self was so character building and prepared us for the big wide world of hard-work adulthood.
2. - From what age did you decide to be an actor and how did you know you had the
skills to go on TV?
From a very early age my dream was always was to tread the boards in Theatre mainly dreaming of a lead role on the west end. I never thought for one minute of working on TV/ movie or commercial work. After moving to Malta just before the Pandemic (Covid ) struck, there are lots of opportunities in this line of work, especially for me who is a English speaking trained performer.
3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actor?
Yes they have always supported me. I started with dance classes when I was 9 years old then I went into singing and the acting came along with these two other disciplines. Which they also encouraged.
4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?
My first screen role was a short film, in which i played a vampire. I would love the opportunity to play a vampire again or in some kind of horror film.
5. - What was the role you liked the most?
My most favourite role was in theatre when I performed in a musical called ‘Life Could be a dream’ The character was called Eugene and he was a crazy shy zany character. There were some brilliant lines for him and the song called ‘Tears on My Pillow’ which i could slowly portray as having a break down in it. Was a favourite moment for me
Another role was on the cruise ships were we performed a cut down version of ‘My Fair Lady’ I played as Alfred P Dolittle. A role in which I never would have had me performing, as I thought I was more suited to the romantic leads other than the Comedy roles. Plus I was playing as a father of some of the performers who were all similar age to me.
6.- What do you think led you to fame?
Im not sure if I have fame yet, however on some commercial sets on Malta I have been recognised as I have been involved in a few advertisements and appeared on billboards and bus shelters.
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
I would love to play as Eddie Lyons in the Musical ‘Blood Brothers’. This role as always been a dream of mine. I hope it comes back to the West End one day to able me to fulfil my dream.
In the Movies I would love to play as Captain Jack Sparrows long lost son in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise. It would be great to see and work along side Johnny Depp.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I have worked with some great people during my time. Milo McDowell, we formed a little production company called Belleville Studios and it always great working with him on projects. I feel that his direction has encouraged me he can always get the best out of me.
Anton Lesser - Is one of the most genuine people I have worked with on set. I didn’t realise who he was until my filming was over. He was so interested in me and what I was doing.
Tom Wlaschiha - I have worked with him on two projects and always have good fun with him on set. He always talks to people on set and brings great energy too.
On the set of Foundation it was great working with T’Nia Miller and Laura Birn. They were fantastic professionals and we were filming in the height of covid and were not dampened by the atmosphere.
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music,)
I would like to land some lead roles in TV and Film. As mentioned earlier maybe a horror role and for a contrast a hallmark style production. I have appeared in Hallmark films but only as featured extra.
10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
I remember I was in a bar in London talking to a director who didn’t cast me and i asked him why was it because I was good or bad in the audition . He said never say this Joshua! It's never about being good or bad its about being right or wrong for the role, which made me think about auditions in a different light and with more positivity.
11.- What has been your greatest achievement?
Not related entirely to Entertainment. Finally passing my driving test was a great sense of achievement and really developed my independence, it helped me to drive to various venues and theatres around the UK without reliance on anyone else.
12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
My next project is Christmas theatre which is called Pantomime in the UK. I will be playing ‘Jim Hawkins’ in ‘Treasure Island’ from December until January. Im really looking forward to it as I’ve not been able to perform Pantomime for the past few years because of Covid Pandemic.
13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
Yes I would I got close to landing a part this year to making a movie speaking some Spanish.
I have basic Spanish, Italian and German which is all thanks to my wife Maribel. Who does well coaching me.
14.- you like spanish cinema?
I have enjoyed El Inocente, High Seas and Killing Sara (even though its Mexican)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif