Interviewing actress Rossie McCree


1.- How was your childhood?
Had a nice childhood, I was the middle child having two sisters and a one brother. My mother and step father were very loving and attentive.
2.- From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV and in the movies?
Whe I was about six years old I knew I wanted to be on T.V. I loved movies and was fascinated by child actors and would go to my room and pretend I was an actress and I would recreate the scenes from any movie I watched. When I was in the 7th grade I took a drama class and my instructor was impressed by my acting skills and told me to stick with my acting and continue training. I knew at that point I could possibly one day be on T.V.
3.- Did your parents support you in your decision to be an actress?
My mother supported my talent and would take me to any casting calls that we would hear about.
4.- What was your first appearance on the screens?
My very first time I was in a film I was cast as an extra in a Lifetime movie called Love Is Strange. It was such an incredible experience to be on a movie set and working alongside such great talent that I’ve watched on T.V. It was probably a year later I landed my first lead role in an independent film called The Sum Of The Parts.
5.- What was the role you liked the most?
I recently completed a film called Hidden In Plain Sight written and directed by Micha Decell. I was the lead in this film and the character Sarah was such a funny, loud social media star who was absolutely my total opposite, loved playing her.
6.-What do you think led you to fame?
It so funny because I was such a quiet child but once I got on stage whether it was being in a play or a spelling be I really liked the attention and the feeling it gave me. After being on camera that first time I wanted to pursue “fame.”
7.- What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I would love to work with Angela Basett, Jason Bateman and Laura Linney.
8.- In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others).
Besides acting, I’ve had the pleasure to enter the world of podcasting. I’m currently the co-host of a movie reviewing podcast called Movie Lovers Unite, with my spinoff show called Rossie Talks Movie T.V. and Everything Inbetween, Wednesday nights at 7pmpst. I’m enjoying this new direction my career has taken me.
9.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
Being a teenage mother played a huge role in my life, I now had the responsibility to make sure this little person I brought into this world have all the love and opportunity he deserves and more. I decided to put acting on hold for some years so I could focus on being a mother and wife at the time.
10.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I have been cast as a lead in a project thats still in the works, its a horror film that is slated to be shot in the next year or so. I’m really excited about that, I also was given the opportunity to start another podcast in a professional studio,that podcast will be called Rossie’s Clubhousethat will air on Youtube Monday nights starting in Febuary. I’m also stepping into the beauty world with my own moisturizer line called Face By Rossie, thats due to come out sometime next year.
11.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
I would totally love to make a movie in Spain!
12.- you like spanish cinema?
Yes I really enjoy spanish cinema, one of my favorites is Pan’s Labyrint and The Platform to name a couple. I had the pleasure to review an Indie short film called Distancias directed by Susan Bejar and made in Spain. What a great movie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif