Interviewing actor Stephen Michael Kelly



1-. How was your childhood? 
It was great. I was born and raised in New York City. Very diverse culturally. Mother is American, father was born and raised in Ireland. Youngest of 3 children.
2-. From what age did you decide to be a actor and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV? 
I really decided later in life. Once I auditioned for a play and got a part in it, I got very positive feedback and knew the talent to compete with others.
3-. Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actor? 
My parents were very surprised as I worked on Wall Street and in corporate America. Once I told them and they saw me perform they were supportive.
4-. What was your first appearance on the screens? 
First as an extra in a Keanu Reeves movie. I did more extra work, then wrote 2 short films, No Mas and The Righteous.
5-. What was the role you liked the most?
 I like them all. I am interested in playing diverse roles. If I had to pick, probably No Ma, the short film I wrote and starred in for now.
6-. What do you think led you to Fame?
 I’m not famous yet and that is really not a driving force for me. It is about being able to express yourself.
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret? 
People that have some sort of conflict in their life and how do they solve the problem. I like complexity in characters.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel confortable working with? 
Actors that are giving and are all about the work. Laura Olivier, my co-star in No Mas was fantastic. We both worked hard on our characters and the performance flowed.
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others) 
I work in theatre as well and have a book coming out in the fall.
10-. Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person? Fearless, driven, passionate. I never give up.
11-. What has been your greatest achievement? 
Having a successful marriage and a great son.
12-. What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind? 
I am happy to be a working actor. I do have 2 screenplays that I would like to see produced. Also a writer.
13-. Would you like to make a movie in Spain? 
Absolutely.
14-. You like Spanish cinema?
 I do and appreciate the passion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif