Interviewing actor James Quinn


1-. How was your childhood? 
I grew up in the city of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. My childhood was great. So many fantastic memories of 80’s movies & music. We had so many awesome family events. I played many sports and was a huge Ice Hockey & Pro Wrestling fan. Family & friends were everything.

2-. From what age did you decide to be an actor and filmmaker and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?

I was about 7 years old when I discovered the love for acting after seeing Back To The Future at the local movie theater in 1985. It would be several years later before I knew I had the skills to perform in film & television after trying my hand in independent film. That’s where I cut my teeth and sharpened my skill set.

3-. Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actor?

reer. As does my amazing wife Kristin & daughter Kelsey. None of this is possible without any of them. A great support system carries you through the highs and the lows of the industry and in life.

4-. What was your first appearance on the screens?

My first appearance ever on the screen was in the 1994 movie Sudden Death. That was my first taste of being on a Hollywood set.

5-. What was the role you liked the most?

My favorite role so far that I’ve played has been Grady Sanders in SANDMAN. That’s as close as I’ve ever come to playing myself. The role mirrored my real life in so many ways.

6-. What do you think led you to Fame?

I’d say we as actors are always chasing fame or that next higher level. But the thing that drives me to fame is the relentless pursuit of wanting to be more. I believe as long as I continue to chase it, I will never plateau and the best is yet to come.

7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?

I gravitate towards complex characters that have many layers to peel through. I believe that shows range for the actor & breathes tremendous life into the character.

8-. What actresses and actors do you feel confortable working with?

I am comfortable working with most actors but I’d love to work with some of the ones that have inspired my career such as Michael Keaton, Michael J. Fox, James Spader, Humphrey Bogart, & Bruce Willis. I would absolutely like to work with phenomenal actresses like, Emily Blunt, Amy Adam’s, Gloria Grahame, Grace Kelly, & Anne Hathaway. Now some of these talents are no longer with us but they have given performances that will live on forever.

9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)

I would love to do more theater as my schedule these days is limited with my film & tv work. To perform on broadway would be a thrill of a lifetime.

10-. Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?

 I’d say my real life failures in other ventures in life. They have both strengthened and shaped my career now. Our biggest falls can sometimes lead to our greatest heights.

11-. What has been your greatest achievement?

I have several achievements that’s I am proud of in my career such as working with some of my influences, winning multiple best actor awards, and absolutely defying the odds. That being said no matter how far I make it I believe that my greatest achievement is yet to come.

12-. What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?

My current project is a tv / streaming series entitled Strange Angels. It’s based off the Ernest Keegan novel Strange Angels. I play the male lead Dan McClain. He is the head boxing trainer at Caponis Gym. This is a neo noir / crime drama.

13-. Would you like to make a movie in Spain?

I would love to make a movie in Spain. Everything I’ve ever seen or read on Spain looks so beautiful and cinematically pleasing.

14-. You like Spanish cinema?

I do enjoy Spanish cinema. The commitment to details and the passionate performances are intoxicating.


Thank you for the interview. I’ve enjoyed talking with you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif