Interviewing actress Catherine Mary Stewart


1-. How was your childhood?
My childhood was good. My parents were both academics. My mother ran a tight ship. Having said that our house was full of laughter, music, and conversation.
We did a lot of traveling throughout my childhood. The experiences I had were invaluable and have informed me throughout my life.
2. - From what age did you decide to be an actor and how did you know you had theskills to go on TV?
I didn’t anticipate being an actor per se until I landed the lead role in my first feature film called “The Apple”. Acting kind of snowballed for me after that so I decided to follow where it led me.
Performing on stage had been a big part of my life. I was a trained dancer and toured professionally for many years. I love expressing myself in front of an audience in many different ways so shifting to on camera felt pretty organic.
3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actor?
They were very supportive. My mother actually got me into dance and encouraged me to take acting classes in school so they may have understood that performing was my path before I did.
4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?
My first job on camera was in the movie “The Apple”. I was living in London, England at the time, training as a dancer. I auditioned as a dancer for this movie that was a rock musical and I ended up being cast in the lead female role.
5. - What was the role you liked the most?
I have loved every role that I’ve been cast in. They all presented me with different challenges. I feel like I’ve been so lucky with all the different kinds of characters I’ve had to portray. It’s like living a fantasy life through each character. It’s a wonderful way to play and use my imagination.
6.- What do you think led you to fame?
I feel like just the fact that I’ve been seen on a big screen or little screen makes me an ordinary person in an extraordinary situation. Being an actor tends to be glamourized by the audience. I hope that I have been able to entertain people in a way that affects them in a positive, memorable way. If I have been able to do that I am thankful and grateful to have had the opportunity.
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
I am up to try anything and everything (almost). I’m not a fan of extreme violence and I wouldn’t want to do something that I felt wasn’t within my personal moral standard. I love to be challenged by lots of different characters with complex and interesting lives and stories to tell.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I like to work with actors who are giving, supportive and empathetic. Most of the people I’ve worked with are, but I have worked with a few that are not. That makes it very difficult. Many, many of the actors I’ve worked with I remain friends with to this day!
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music,
among others)
I would love to do more theater. I enjoy voice over work and of course dance. My goal right now is to direct. I love the feeling of having a vision as a whole and making it happen.
10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
Every day and constantly…
11.- What has been your greatest achievement?
I don’t think I’ve had one “greatest achievement”. My life is still moving forward, and l live for each day, trying to make the absolute most of it. I try to celebrate each day as a wonderful thing and try to achieve as much as I can.
I have two incredible, grown children that I am so proud of. I certainly wasn’t a perfect parent, but they amaze me every day.
12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I have two directorial projects in the works. One is a film that I co-wrote and the other is a stage play. I’m also writing another script.
I may be shooting a horror movie soon. Keep your eyes out for that!
13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
Spain is one of my favorite countries in the world. I absolutely love it there and if I were offered to shoot a movie there, I would be THRILLED!! I have a cousin that lives near Malaga. My husband and I visited them a couple of years ago. It’s so beautiful. I’ve also been to Mallorca, Barcelona, and Madrid. I would love to explore more of this beautiful country!
14.- you like spanish cinema?
I think Pedro Almodóvar is absolutely brilliant! I adore Penelope Cruz, especially as she began as a dancer, too! Some incredible movies have come out of Spain and its rich history in film making cannot be denied!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif