Interviewing the actress Daria Diache



1-. How was your childhood?
Hmm, I used to think my childhood was tough until I met people who had it even harder. Growing up in Ukraine in a neighborhood near the woods was actually a fun place. My mom encouraged me to always be myself and try new things. My dad, a hardworking man, wasn't around much because he had bills to pay. I had a Russian/Communist grandma with a leather belt ready for when I messed up, and a rebellious grandpa who taught me everything a boy needed to know to survive on the streets. We didn't have much, but I didn't need much. My biggest desire was for my oldest brother, who had Cerebral Palsy, to get better. It was my biggest dream, something I went to bed wishing upon the stars for.
Due to hardships, my family had to make a choice, and my dad immigrated from Ukraine when I was 12. He had to do it for us to survive. It took him three weeks to reach his destination. Yes, he was an illegal immigrant hiding in the woods, riding on the back of a truck full of hay, hungry and scared. He made it to Spain and I am proud of him and I always will be.
So, returning to my story, four years of growing up without a father didn't feel that bad at the time, but now I find myself wanting to cry. When I turned 16, my mom and I left Ukraine to join my father. It was only a three-day car ride and I couldn't have been more excited for our family to be reunited.
As for living illegally in Spain, well, that's a story for another day. But one thing I can say is that growing up in Spain built my character and made me brave and ambitious
2- From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?
Many great actors inspired me to pursue acting. Jim Carrey and Jackie Chan made movie acting seem so easy and so much fun. I just wanted to be like them, jumping around, making people laugh, and getting paid ­ a dream job for every child.
It was always a game for me, a way to skip class so I could participate where I wanted to be - in school theatre. Only after moving to Los Angeles as an adult did I realize that being an actor involved so much more than that. Things can actually be hard and a lot of work has to be done for me to become a professional actress. And guess what? I am still in acting school, building the skills to appear on TV. It's a never-ending learning process.
3- Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?
I have the most supportive parents anyone could desire. They've encouraged me and continue to encourage me, reminding me how great I am even when I feel like I have nothing to show the world. They are my biggest fans! My dad dreams of seeing me in any of upcoming John Wick movies, and my mom prays for me to be in a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio. They have very ambitious dreams for me!
4- What was your first appearance on the screens?
I've booked an Amazon Prime sitcom show. My role in the comedy was the fish out of water, and my greatest moment was picking up puffed corn from the carpet with my feet and munching on it—total improvisation! It was the best day ever!
5- What was the role you liked the most?
I loved all my roles; they are human stories and an inseparable part of me.
6.- What do you think led you to fame?
I am not famous but one day I will be. I used to dream of being a famous actress but now I dream and work to be a PHENOMENAL actress.
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
I would love to portray the character MARGARITA from 'The Master and Margarita' novel by Mikhail Bulgakov. Or any other witch, HA-HA-HA!
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I feel comfortable working with anyone. I am sure I will get nervous once I am in a scene with the greatest Meryl Streep or Viola Davis, but I know we will make magic happen together!
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)
I would love and am working toward directing music videos. Also working in theatre on plays like SPIKE HEELS or IN THE BOOM BOOM ROOM would be an absolute blessing.
10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
I have this scene in my head from 'The Office' when Dwight is gluing the bottom of a box and saying, 'one crisis at a time.' It's so funny and when I feel stressed and a lot is going on, I channel his energy and say those words: 'ONE CRISIS AT A TIME' and it always makes me giggle.
11.- What has been your greatest achievement?
It has nothing to do with my career. My greatest achievement was immigrating to this country and becoming an American citizen. I am very proud of myself. I am proud to be an American!
12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I am producing a feature film with my fiancé, who is also the director. I am collaborating with several artists to direct their music videos as well. Additionally, I am in the process of developing a new movie idea. While I am not yet certain whether I will be directing it or solely starring in it, it's an exciting process!
13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
I would love to make a movie in Spain, something sensual and romantic. A love story shot somewhere on the coast of Costa Brava about Dali and Gala! Summer, art, music, sangria, human desires, hopes and dreams.
14.- Do you like Spanish cinema?
Absolutely! Spain has some incredibly talented actors and directors. The way they tell stories is just amazing and filled with so much heart. What's great is that Spanish movies aren't solely focused on box office numbers and I really love that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif