Interviewing actress Angela Yonts


1-. How was your childhood?
Hahahahaha not the best. I decided to become an actress and a comedian. I don’t think much more explanation is needed.
2- From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?
Around the age of 7, I figured out that I wanted to become a film actress. I had already been performing in one way or another before that since around the age of 3. As long as I can remember, I’ve always felt a level of comfort with acting even though I get performance anxiety as well. Performing is so ingrained in my system that I can’t imagine my life without it. The need to perform and create is much stronger than any self doubt I have. Any skills that I need to pick up for a role, I have confidence I can learn at the time of the project.
3- Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?
My dad died when I was very young so he was rather silent on the issue. My mom loved movies and actors and that love was contagious. Even though she was strict on the content, we watched movies together all the time. She was definitely my biggest fan and supported my career how she could.
4- What was your first appearance on the screens?
I think my first time on the screen, the small screen at least, was at a local film premiere for the movie The Sixth Man. A guy from my hometown, Travis Ford, was in the film and at the premiere. I got him to sign a basketball and that was featured on the news.
5- What was the role you liked the most?
Ohhh that’s a tough one. I’m not sure I could pick just one. All of my roles hold a place in my heart. But a few of my favorites are LaSalle from The Middle Ground, Poppy from Katie’s Mom, and Trainwreck from the haunt event Fright Fest.
6.- What do you think led you to fame?
You know the chance for scandals, public embarrassment, and the thought of never having a moment to myself. Absolutely irresistible. Just kidding haha. I think every artist wants their art to have an impact and to be recognized for their creativity and expression.
7-. What types of characters would you like to interpret?
I would like to interpret strong, feisty, sultry, comedic, playful, bold, and boundary pushing characters.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I feel comfortable working with actors and actresses that are supportive and think like a team and facilitate an environment that encourages everyone to do their best work. It’s also always nice to collaborate with performers that have a good sense of humor and a positive outlook.
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)
I’m a stand up comedian in addition to being an actress. I also spent alot of time during my growing up years singing and dancing (ballet and tap.) As far as something brand new, I’ve always thought it might be cool to try my hand at pottery.
10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
Like I said, my mom was strict about the content of films that I watched as a child. If I wanted to watch something a bit more violent or sexual I would have to sneak around. I would borrow films from my friends and lug a TV with a built in VCR and DVD player into my bathroom to hide and watch. It was never the most pleasant experience but the ends justified the sacrifice. The lesson here: hey you may have to slum it for awhile but where there’s a will there’s a way and eventually that payoff will be pretty sweet.
11.- What has been your greatest achievement?
I would say that’s yet to be achieved. But something I’m especially proud of is my stand up show that I’ve hosted, MISCHIEVOUS.
12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
The next project I have coming up is a holiday event. I will be hosting Snowy Nights at Six Flags Magic Mountain for Holiday in the Park. In addition, I plan on leaning more into creating content/funny bits for Tik Tok, Instagram Reels, etc. I also want to start going on the road with my stand up comedy.
13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
Yes! I would love to act in a project that I could travel to Spain for. It would be wonderful to experience the beauty and culture of the country.
14.- you like spanish cinema?
Yes I do. I like great cinema no matter the place of origin. Some Spanish films I enjoy are Pan’s Labyrinth, Rec, Roma, The Platform, and Biutiful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif