Interviewing actress Kristna Saikia

1.-How was your childhood?
Kristna: My childhood was a mixture of pleasant experience and versatility as well as very metaphysical. I never studied in one school but changed schools and cities due to many reasons but it was good as I got to see many places and meet international students.
I took part in art, plays, and sports so I was very active. My parents were very strict so I focused on my studies.
2. From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had the skills to be on Screen?
Kristna: I was in the hostel during my school days which had strict discipline. The owners of the hostel made children work hard on studies and get good marks, and as well as they encouraged us to take part in the hostel's annual cultural functions and sports. I used to take part in script writing and play lead in the plays from class 6 standard. One evening all the guests, teachers & students appreciated my performance and I was playing the lead role. The play ended with claps on my performance. That night just before I went to sleep, the lady superintended of the hostel stopped me, touching my left shoulder, I looked back at her.
She said, “I think you can act”. I smiled at her and moved on to sleep. But at that moment a big transformation came in me. I was interested in planets, stars, space and I wanted to be an astronaut. But instead, I ended up focusing my energy on being an actress. My teacher played an important role in giving a direction in my life to take my career as an actress. I got more involved in plays in school and I managed to get the main lead. I got my acting group in school and college. I formed my community. During my college days, I managed to get a diploma also from a well-known Acting academy after training for one year. I already knew I had the skill. I had to learn the technicalities more for stage and onscreen acting to be more polished and evolve. Well, practice makes one perfect. Acting is an ongoing evolving process for a lifetime.
3. Did your parents support you in the direction you wanted to be an actress?
Kristna: YES. It was an easy process for them to support and be there. In 11th standard, I told my mom about my interest in acting. My parents invested money in my portfolio fashion shoot and a short film which was of 60 minutes, got a director and it got telecasted on national TV in my state in India. That’s how my first journey onscreen started. After that there was no looking back, along with my studies, when I was in college I did films, TV series, documentaries, music videos, and fashion shows and after college was completed, I was in radio for 10 months.
4. What was your first appearance on the screens?
Kristna: I played a young newly married lady in a short film. I enjoyed the experience and both my parents were present in the shoot.
5. What was the role you liked the most?
Kristna: I enjoy playing versatile roles, positive, negative to savage. I am blessed to have good looks and I am lucky to get directors and script writers who offer me versatile to unconventional roles. Now at this stage of my career, I can discuss more to enhance the character in the script in the writing phase and directors mostly mould it as per my skills and capabilities. I like to take risks and explore unknown genres territories and personalities within me. So I am always in search of unique stories and characters. I love to travel the globe. That’s when I meet real people with real stories and a variety of characters.
6. What do you think led you to fame?
Kristna: I didn’t realize that. It was effortless. During my college days lot of photographers approached me to shoot and do photo sessions and they published my pictures in various articles and editorials. That’s how the media covered me regularly and I was in fashion shows, brand endorsing, in films, TV, etc the media is an integral part of the showbiz business. Various international and Hollywood media came forward to interview me from across the globe. I got the offer to write as a columnist too. So I used to write for many international magazines and newspapers on Metaphysics, wellness, fashion, and Fine art nude. They published my pictures along with my articles. That added to my fame & PR too. I love the media, as they are our voice that helps to reach our expressions, thoughts, visions, and about our life to millions of people across the globe.
7. What types of characters would you like to interpret?
Kristna: Maybe scripts based on real stories and if I play any of the important roles in those stories then I try to interpret more otherwise also, even if the story is completely fictional as well as the characters in it, I will try to interpret each role I play differently. Every actor has their way of interpreting the roles they play and I have my ways.
8. What actresses and actors do you feel working with?
Kristna: I don’t like to work with actors who have girlfriends and have to rush or actresses who are scared of their boyfriends and reject doing certain scenes after they sign the project agreement and flips. I have faced such a situation and such issues create problems for the producers, the rest of the cast, and the crews. Filming any scene is a process that needs a lot of patience from the co-actors to the crew. We have to cope with many uncalled events at times. So, I like to work with actors and actresses who leave all their other responsibilities aside when they come to the shooting location and focus on their craft only. Their presence should be inspirational to me and others around them as well. I know I am a good actress, so I like actors and actresses to be skilled in their craft and continuously work on themselves to evolve as artist. I also like actors who are spontaneous and I share a positive vibe in the shooting location or off-screen. The real live equation is reflected in the onscreen chemistry organically. I also had weird experiences. There were times I did not like some actors and actresses in real life at all but when it came to giving our shots we gave our best shots professionally, it came out fantastic and our onscreen chemistry sizzled the audience.
9. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, and music, among others)
Kristna: Besides being an Actress, I am a Model, Writer, Columnist, and Author, I am a Latin Bachata Dancer, Painter, and Poet. I am a Metaphysical healer and a Global sustainable holistic advisor for high-net-worth people across the Globe. I am a professional Tarot card reader and I have created and designed my own Oracle cards named 'Prophecies of Goddesses' where I created 32 new Goddesses and I played these 32 Goddesses with magical powers.
10. Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
Kristna: Life on earth is meant to experience peace and harmony but it is also a space where we learn, evolve, and grow as well as bring wisdom and magic to the world.
The death of my dad, many relatives, and dear friends changed my perspective about life. I felt I lost a part of my soul energy and also learned a lot from them which impacted my life positively. I became more loving towards life. I want to leave behind my legacy of art and literary work I created in the form of paintings, books, poetries, films I acted or projects I produced or I will produce more. Oracle cards, and whatever I can give back to the world. Now I can imagine big.
I became a powerful giver and as well as a receiver.
11. What has been your greatest achievement?
Kristna: My greatest achievement was to empower myself. That’s the biggest challenge. I was short-tempered. I could be more calm. Meditation and practicing Reiki Healing helps me. I had less patience. I have more patience now. I understood life is a beautiful process. I became fearless and more confident in expressing, myself to achieve. I became a different species I feel now. The energy within is different as I feel a very powerful giant spirit I have. The realization was I can achieve big and small goals with a relaxed state of mind, I don’t have to rush. I can’t define what I achieved in material goals as there are many goals I achieved and I am achieving every day as I am a powerful manifester.  It is a continuous evolutionary process from within that reflects outside. One more achievement is the ability to let go of unsuccessful, toxic people, and situations easily and detach, so I can make space for new people and situations that add value to my life. The ability to break through the limited thoughts and feelings expands my horizon. That is how today I have clients across the Globe and I have worked in many countries as an Artists as well as in the wellness industry as an entrepreneur
12. What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
Kristna: Next my new book Royal Paradise is coming up soon on bullying and abuse.How bullying and abusing anyone can psychologically, emotionally, and physically affect the victim, and how one can empower the self. The book has information on how one can heal the inner child and various techniques are written. The idea of the book is conceptualized by Priyank Desai-who lives in New Jersey now and was the victim of child bullying when he was a kid due to his lean body. That affected him psychologically and emotionally as well as academically but he could come out of it.  Next, I have upcoming films, Music Videos, and wellness retreats coming up in Dubai and many other parts of the Globe. I am the author of the book ‘I Am a Billion Dollar Star'- Feel Wealthy. I am a professional Tarot Card reader too. I designed my own 32 Oracle deck cards named ‘Prophecies of Goddesses’ and it comes with a booklet with additional messages. I played 32 Goddesses with their magical powers in this Oracle card design. I am paying attention to my editing skills too now from 2024 and I am learning more. Collaboration with LA Documentary and filmmaker Joseph F. Alexandre and Vegas-based musician, Getty magazine and fashion photographer, Darrel Craig. Besides I have a collaboration with my friend Ashkan Tabibnia who is the owner of 90210 Enterprise from California, an elite membership-based exclusive and elite lifestyle platform for wellness, film finance, and a globalized networking platform. There is a possibility I might be in an upcoming film project with Film Director Rupesh Paul and the film might be shown at Cannes Film Festival in Paris in 2024. I have upcoming films that are in pre-production stage in Australia and the UK.
13. Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
Kristna: Yes,Spain is so beautiful and the people of Spain are very friendly. They have warmth around their aura. I would like to shoot many projects in Spain and do a wellness retreat. I have been to Spain and I got very good international media coverage and one documentary was made on my visit to Spain.
14.-Do you like Spanish Cinema?
Kristna: Yes I  like Spanish Cinema, artists,music and my bachata dance in Spanish music too.








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif