Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif


1-. How was your childhood?

I grew up in a big city in Brazil, São Paulo, I was always surrounded by friends, family and many cousins. Sundays we’d go to my grandparents house and have delicious homemade food.

 2. - From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had theskills to go on TV?

I was 5 year old only when I’d dress up bed sheets and act in the backyard of my house. It’s funny because I always would speak a different language, almost as if I knew that one day I’d be an actor in Los Angeles. Acting has been always my passion. I graduated in acting school with 22 years old.

 3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?

No!!! They’d say acting was a hobby, it’s so sad that so many parents had that mentality in the old days… so I graduated also in Marketing and worked in Ad Agencies to make a living. 

 4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?

I acted mostly in plays (theater) at first and after moving to LA I acted in my first feature film, “BitterSweet” which led me to be invited to act on another feature, “Holistay” that is on Amazon Video now.

 5. - What was the role you liked the most?

 It’s always fun to act, but I loved playing Gigi in BitterSweet, the film is coming up soon.

 6.- What do you think led you to fame?

I worked hard and was blessed to have the opportunity to be the protagonist in feature films that end up being shown in big platforms as Amazon, so the public got the chance to know me. 

 7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?

I love comedy and drama so any character that can be funny/sarcastic or very dramatic. 

 8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?

I loved working with my husband Steven Martini, not because he’s my husband but because he’s really talented and I loved working with Erik Marmo, a famous Brazilian actor that was in BitterSweet, also Joel Michaelly was really fun to work with! 

 9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)

100000 times theater, it’s the most adrenaline and the closest to art I experienced as an actress.

 10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?

I have many! A funny one is when I was 21 years old I went to a fancy restaurant with friends and when I got there this older gentleman that looked super familiar waved at me calling me to talk to him, I walked to his table because I thought he could be someone I knew and he said out loud in front of the whole table he was sitting: “I just wanted to tell you’re the most beautiful lady that entered this restaurant today” I thanked him politely and he asked me: “You don’t know who I am do you?”, I said no, and he said: “I am Julio Iglesias”. I felt so bad I didn’t recognize him, when I came back to my friends table they were all amazed that Julio Iglesias called me. 

 11.- What has been your greatest achievement?

So many, my family, my kids, my career as an actress and as a producer. Also I’m happy I always take the time to work in my interior self so I can be a better human being for myself and those around me.

 12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?

I’m scheduled to act on another feature in August, it’s a musical “Holy Nights”.

13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?

I’d love to!!!

 14.- you like spanish cinema?

So much, I watched all Almodóvar Films, he’s such a genius. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer