Interviewing the actress Mónica Pont



1-. How was your childhood?
My childhood was very hard. When I was nine years old, my older sister died of cancer, Ewing Sarcoma. After her death, my father abandoned us and I had to start to work to help my mother.
That made my innocence, like my childhood, interrupted and I had to mature earlier than a normal child
2. - From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had theskills to go on TV?
I started when I was nine years old. I remember that at school they gave me the lead role in the theater classes of a former violinist who ended up in a world of alcohol and drugs. She lost her life fell into the world of drugs because her family supposedly abandoned her. At the end of the performance, everyone was standing and crying holding tissues in there hands. There I knew that my future was going to be that, being an actress would cost me whatever it cost me.
3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?
Yes my mother supported me at all times, the next day she took some photos of me with a professional photographer and took them to a talent agency.
4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?
They asked me to advertise the “Barbie doll” in TV commercials for the Matel company for a year, and also all her accessories, her house", her car, her family... it was fun.
5. - What was the role you liked the most?
I think that the project and the character that I had the most fun throughout my career so far was precisely the one that gave me the opportunity to be known to the general public, the tv show “ Hostal royal Manzanares”, and the character of Elena that I played for four years on that "hit show”.
6.- What do you think led you to fame?
My naturalness, my spontaneity and my young beauty in those moments.
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
Now I like characters who suffer more, who have had a hard life and a past, it makes them more interesting when it comes to interpreting them and for the majority of the public to connect with them.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I do not have preferences. I like to work with children, with elders, with men, with women, with animals... with anyone who is professional and to whom I can contribute something too.
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others).
In theater I have had the opportunity to participate in two performances and I love the feeling that only a live audience gives you. You learn a lot and there is a magical connection between actor and audience that is indescribable. In other fields such as music, I have not participated as much because I do not have great aptitudes for it, although I do love dancing.
10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
I have an anecdote that always makes me laugh when I remember it, it was precisely in the theater in one of the plays that I told you about. It was the end of the year and we celebrated it by performing a play by Shakespeare, “Hamlet”. I was Ofelia and about halfway through the play, in my small bag that I carried with me, my cell phone rang, I didn't know what to say, since I must have forgotten it in there while I was in the dressing room, and I really don't know at what moment did the truth end up there…Since at that time there were no cell phones,I had to invent that it was a dream that Ofelia had had in a future, where telephones could surely exist and improvise a text about it. It turned out so well that the people in charge of the theater company told me that from now on they wanted me to incorporate it into the show... hahahahah incredible story, right?
11.- What has been your greatest achievement?
Possibly having to interpret characters in other languages as I am doing here in Mexico and in the US.
12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I am preparing a character of a villain that will surely give a lot to talk about.
I have also recently gotten into production, something that is having a lot of fun for me.
13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
Well, of course, Spain is my native country, is where I trained professionally, I started my career and also it is my natural language.
14.- you like spanish cinema?
Yes of course. In Spain there is a lot of talent, and good professionals who know how to tell good stories.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif