Interviewing actress Tiana Pongs



1-. How was your childhood?
I was born and raised in Germany. We have a big family and we all lived close together. My grandmother was the one who always kept everything together and sometimes cooked lunch for 20 people. Everyone was always welcome, that brings back beautiful memories for me.
2. - From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?
I wanted to be an actress since I was 9 years old. I did theater in school, funny enough English theater, and I loved it.
3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?
They let me decide for myself what I wanted to do. And I’m grateful I had this freedom. But I started as a model and worked internationally for almost 20 years before I transitioned to acting just 3 years ago and moved from Germany to Los Angeles.
4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?
I did a famous German Soap Opera called “Verbotene Liebe” for almost 2 years.
5.- What do you think led you to fame?
I would not consider myself as famous, but I have a very disciplined work ethic. If I want something I work hard until I get it.
6-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
I’m open, to whatever comes my way. Ivana Chubbuck, a quite famous acting coach in LA, once said, and I will never forget, because she was right, “you always get the perfect script with a role you need as a person to grow.”
7-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
Everyone, and if there’s someone I don’t like, I would not mention it here. ;)
8-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)
I am also producing. I love this job of putting everything together. It’s like a big puzzle and you have to work yourself through it piece by piece. As a producer I can bring my own creative vision into the projects.
9.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
I would say the biggest mistake I made early in my career was taking a lot of things too personally, especially when I was young. Today I have a better understanding, business is business, it’s about sales and profit. My life became a lot easier when I learned this lesson. As a model or actress or artist in general, it’s hard not to take things like rejection personally. I think that’s one of the biggest pitfalls in this industry. And it can even end up affecting your mental health. It’s not about putting on a thick skin. It’s about understanding that if you don’t get the job, the producer or client simply had a different idea of the character or model in mind. The lesson I’ve learned from that is to trust, if a job or project is meant for you, it will never pass you by.
10.- What has been your greatest achievement?
Raising my son who now studies Philosophy in Amsterdam. I feel very proud of him.
11.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I’m working on a Travel Show together with Marvin Nuecklaus. He won an Emmy for Staycation as director and producer so I feel I’m in the best company possible.
With director and writer Nicole Jones-Dion I’m packaging two feature films, that’s why I’m in Cannes now for the Film Festival.
And I’m also working on a Road Movie set in California with Margaret French Isaac, who guided Johnny Depp's Infinitum Nihil Productions as its Executive Vice President of Film and Television.
12.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
OH YES! Margaret French Isaac and I are planning to produce a yacht thriller in Mallorca. I’m looking for a second home in Mallorca in the upcoming months. So, I can connect and see my family who lives in Germany and my son who is in Amsterdam more easily. I plan to split my time between Los Angeles and Palma de Mallorca.
13.- you like spanish cinema?
I loved “La Casa de Papel” that show was amazing! Other than that I’m not yet so familiar with Spanish cinema and I hope that’s going to change, once I live in Spain parttime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif