Interviewing actress Lyubomira Hristova



1-. How was your childhood?
My childhood was pretty normal. I grew up in Sofia, Bulgaria where I was born and it was filled with joy and games. I have a younger brother and I had lots of friends growing up. Even though my parents split up when I was 14 and we went through a lot I can honestly say that I had a nice childhood.
2. - From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had theskills to go on TV?
It may sound cheesy but I knew I wanted to be an actress since I was a child. When I graduated high school I was heavily influenced by the stereotypes in Bulgaria that acting is not a serious profession and so I decided to study psychology. However the day I graduated university I decided that I don’t want to work in psychology and I signed up for acting classes. The first drama scene that I did that I screamed and cried my soul out I got by this huge rush and adrenaline and I just understood in that moment that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.
3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?
My father was quite skeptical but he saw that I am very committed and started supporting me. My mother has also said to me : “this is your life, do whatever makes you happy”. And my biggest supporter is actually my brother.
4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?
My first appearance was in a tv series in a Bulgarian television and it was in one episode and I hade maybe two or three lines but I was so excited and so proud of myself. It felt like a huge deal at the time.
5. - What was the role you liked the most?
Even though I have mainly done drama and thriller scenes during my 5 years of studying cinema acting, all the time people told me to try comedy because they find me very funny and I was kind of sceptical until I had a lead role in short comedy movie and I completely loved it. I loved the character, the plot, the whole process went very smoothly and I enjoyed myself a lot in this role.
6.- What do you think led you to fame?
I truly cannot say that I am famous in my country and in the acting industry. However fame was never a goal for me or a priority. I am just irreversibly in love with cinema as an art and I want to spend my life doing it. I don’t care for fame.
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
I would really like to explore all kinds of genres and characters. Maybe I would really like to play a historical character so I can dive into someone else’s life and experience it.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I love working with people who take their roles seriously but not seriously enough to not have fun on set and enjoy the process.
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music,among others)
If I could wish for one thing it would be to be able to sing. Even though I took singing lessons for two years I am still not good at it (at least I worked a lot on my voice and it helped me with acting).
I think I would like to try theatre at some point in my career even though it seems way different than cinema acting but it would be a good experience and you never know what might turn out.
10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
I cannot think of any.
11.- What has been your greatest achievement?
I haven’t had a great achievement so far. I have had small achievements like graduating from university and I even consider achievements all the roles that I have played. My greatest achievements are on their way.
12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I am currently shooting a movie here in Bulgaria and have a lot of castings. I have a few ideas for scripts that I would love to write and eventually shoot.
13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
Of course. Why not? I love Spain and would be proud to be a part of a Spanish movie.
14.- you like spanish cinema?
I have seen some Spanish movies that I liked. One of my favourite tv series is Money Heist that I have seen maybe at least twice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing actress Melany Hill

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira