Interviewing actress Nicole Laurent

1-. How was your childhood?
I grew up in Costa Rica in a very small town called Atenas. Since I was little all I wanted to do was to be a performer, I had so many big dreams and so little money to make them come true, but I wasn’t planning on giving up. I’m very thankful that my parents supported me emotionally to follow my dreams even though they couldn’t support me financially. I had a very artistic childhood which I was grateful for because it saved me from all the negative experiences that I went through during my childhood. 

2. - From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?
I decided I wanted to be a dancer and singer when I was 9 years old and then when I was 18 I decided to become a musical theatre actress, that’s when I started training acting professionally. It was until 2022 that I got into film and tv and I found it was a new passion and something I’d like to dedicate my life to. I graduated from 2 year conservatory program in Colmena Centor de Artes Escénicas in Costa Rica, I took a musical theatre intensive program in London at Associated Studios and I got my acting for film and tv diploma in Canada in 2023 with Vancouver Film School. 

3. - What was your first appearance on the screens?
The first time I appeared on a screen was when I was 18 years old, in a a music video for Parris Goebel original music (she was Justin Bieber choreographer for the album Sorry). After that I did a few commercials for Costa Rica and for Latin America and I was actor for a sit com in Costa Rica called Juntos y Revueltos. In Canada I’ve worked for more than 6 independent films and student films. Cosmic Love was the last one and it won best drama (canada) in the Alternative Film Festivals short category so I’m really happy with all the effort I’ve putting into this and looking forward to see where it takes me. 

4. - What was the role you liked the most?
Myers favorite role has been Wendla from Spring Awakening the Musical, I did this musical 2023 in Canada with Renegade Arts Co. It was a theatre production and it was my favorite character and favorite experience in general working in theatre. 

5.- What do you think led you to fame?
I think fame is something that comes with your charisma and your hard work. However, it’s something you dont look for, it’s something that will happen inevitably with your hard work and success. 

6-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
I’d love to work for video games and so multiple characters for the same game, I feel that would be a challenging and amazing exploration experience and my dream role in film and tv would be a villain in an action movie. 
I feel comfortable working with actors and actresses that are not afraid of letting go and devote themselves to the characters, it is ipiring and of course I love to work with people that is humble and passionate. 
7-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I feel comfortable working with actors and actresses that are not afraid of letting go and devote themselves to the characters, it is inspiring and of course I love to work with people that is humble and passionate. 

8-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)
I’m a singer, dancer and actress, choreographer, music
al theatre teacher and business owner of a musical theatre academy in Costa Rica and I love anything that can allow me to create and be artistic. 

9.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
Many things have made me the person I am today and for that I’m grateful. One of the biggest learning experiences I’ve had was moving to London alone and with almost no money to do my musical theatre intensive program. It was a process where I learned many things about life and where I discovered that I could make my dreams come true. It also took a lot of mental effort afterwards because pandemic hit and I had to go back to Costa Rica instead of staying in London which was my goal. 

10.- What has been your greatest achievement?
I think my greatest achievement so far has been moving to Canada and be able to stay here, it’s something I really wanted and I can’t believe I’m living that dream now.


11.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
For now I’m focusing on getting established in Canada. I just finished my assistant choreographer position in Guys & Dolls with ArtsClub in Vancouver. I was assisting Shelley Stewart and it was an amazing experience. 

12.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
I’d love to work in Spain, their Films and Netflix series are mind blowing. It would be a dream come true to be part of something that I can also use my native language. 

13.- you like spanish cinema?
I love Spanish cinema it is so nice when I get to watch films or tv shows that are in Spanish and that I can connect more to everything that’s happening in the plot. It is also inspiring as my first language is Spanish, to see all this actors making their way up using their native language. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing actress Melany Hill

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira