Interviewing actress Kaliste Rodi


1.- How was your childhood?
My childhood was good. I don’t think there was anything particularly special about it. I grew up in Rijeka, Croatia. My parents got divorced when I was around one year old, so I usually spent my weekdays with my mom and then the weekends with my dad. Both of my parents found other partners pretty soon and after that I got a half-sister and a half-brother. Other than that I don’t really remember much, other than some random bits and pieces. I used to love going to the parks and doing tricks on the monkey bars. While I was still living in Croatia, I was a part of choirs and dance classes which I loved going to. Then in 2013, when I turned seven, I moved with my mom, stepdad and my half-sister to Dubai where we lived for a couple of years. We live in Abu Dhabi now, since 2016.
2.- From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV and in the movies?
As long as I could remember I was always preforming in a way. Whether that was singing or dancing or doing plays I was always up to something. So, I don’t think it’s something that I ‘decided’ to do, it’s just something I’ve always been doing. I didn’t start out having acting skills but it’s something I’ve been working on, and I continue to work as much as I can.
3.- Did your parents support you in your decision to be an actress?
Yes, I have an amazing support system. My parents are great, they have been by my side this whole time. I am truly grateful for them, and I really appreciate all they are doing for me.
4.- What was your first appearance on the screens?
My first on screen appearance was a short movie I did back in 2020. I was a featured extra, acting as a coffee stand customer and I was really excited to be on set and around the cameras even though the focus wasn’t on me.
5.- What was the role you liked the most?
My favorite role so far was in an award-winning student movie “All About Her” done at Middlesex University in Dubai, directed by Alizay Rizwan. The whole experience was very enjoyable and the role was really fun to play.
6.-What do you think led you to fame?
This question made me smile because I do not consider myself famous at all. Fame is not something I actively seek out, I just want to continue my craft.
7.- What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
Everyone I have worked with so far have been wonderful. I am pleased to say I haven’t really had any unpleasant encounters with people on sets. In fact, I am currently working on this trialogue series with two of my actor friends that I met online, on Twitter and Instagram and I feel very comfortable with them.
8.- In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others).
I prefer the dramatic genre because to me it is much more personal than comedic or action works of art. Apart form school plays, I haven’t done real theatre so far, because there are not any opportunities where I live, but I hope once I move away to college, that this will be something to explore.
9.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
There was this short film I was a part of last year, and there was a scene where the camera was just on me, filming my reaction to another character. I was so excited because up until then I have never had a scene for myself, I was usually just in the background. I remember reading the script at least fifty times and I didn’t even have any lines. It was nerve wrecking, being the only person preforming in front of such a big crowd, but I did my best and I was happy with how I played the scene. Then a couple of months later I found out that the director completely cut my scene out of the movie. It was a lesson that it’s really not over until it’s over.
10.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
As mentioned earlier, Celine R, Chapuis and Debora Tacylla and I are doing this trialogue that we wish to turn into series, and I am excited to see where it goes. Plus, I’m looking forward to any new challenges that come my way.
11.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
Maybe, when I perfect my Spanish, it would be cool, but as of now I don’t think I know Spanish well enough to do a full-length movie in that language. But an English peaking role in a production being filmed in Spain sounds fabulous, I hear your country is beautiful.
12.- you like spanish cinema?
I have never watched Spanish cinema so far. I am afraid to say, but I am aware of several Spanish actors that made huge success on the international movie market, so it is on my radar for sure, the works of Almodóvar, for example. I will let you know. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif