Interviewing actress Lara Lemon




1-. How was your childhood?

I grew up just outside London and had a very happy childhood, playing with my siblings and looking after animals!


2. - From what age did you decide to be an actor and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?

Being a painfully shy kid, I found some release in acting, I loved it and I knew I wanted to continue it. I never really considered I could do it as a job but it turns I could.


3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actor?

Yes. Without any knowledge of the industry themselves, I think at first they thought it might be a phase, but they've been the best cheerleaders anyone could hope for!


4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?

I trained in theatre so didn't discover screen acting until my 20s. I think my first crack at the film acting whip was for a student short film. I was terrible but learnt a lot!


5. - What was the role you liked the most?

There have been so many so that's a tricky question. I played Clarissa Hailsham-Brown last year in Agatha Christie's 'Spider's Web' on stage and I had the best time. There is no better feeling than hearing an audience laugh! I've also just finished filming on a great independent film called 'The Draw' and the central relationship dynamic was so interesting and a lot of fun to play.


6.- What do you think led you to fame?

I'm not there yet but I think what has kept me working is diligence and a good sense of humour. I think you need it in this industry!


7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?

All sorts. A great script is what draws me in the most - a well written character...and with a little comedy thrown in would be perfect!


8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?

Working with open, playful actors is always a pleasure. If someone can leave ego at the door, I know we'll have a good time!


9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)

I've been lucky enough to work across a lot of mediums with my job - theatre, film, audio. One thing I haven't done, that I would love to, is motion capture. The focus on the physicality really interests me!


10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?

Not so much an anecdote but a friend of mine once said "I will always been actor. A rich actor, or a poor actor, but I will always be an actor". That has always stuck with me. Don't focus on the fame, focus on the work!


11.- What has been your greatest achievement?

Really, I think my greatest personal achievement is that I'm still acting and I'm happy. I've been doing this for 15 years now and still adore what I do. I really do have the best job in the world, and that makes me feel very lucky indeed.


12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?

I have some theatre coming up this summer in Nottingham and then a couple of projects waiting for green lights but for now, it's back to auditioning and seeing what happens...


13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?

I would LOVE to make a movie in Spain. The old Western towns around Tabernas would be amazing to shoot in. I absolutely adore Spain - the people, the food, the culture, the landscapes. Actualmente, estoy aprendido español pero es muy malo. El sueño es algun dia ser fluida!


14.- you like spanish cinema?

Yes, adore it. I discovered Almodóvar in my teens and fell in love. Your actors and filmmakers are incredible...plus, it's an excuse to help me improve my Spanish!


I've got a couple of films coming out soon. 'The War of the Worlds: The Attack' is out this week. And 'The Waterhouse' and 'The Draw' should be released later this year or next. Watch this space!

group photo from The Draw is with (left to right) Ryan Gage, Tom Ruddock, Shelley Ruddock, Lara Lemon.




 
                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif