Interviewing actress María Scenna


1-. How was your childhood?
I grew up as an only child, so I had to occupy my time a lot. I used to watch a lot of television growing up, but I also liked to read and was an advanced reader for my age. This is probably why I ended up becoming a writer (writing comes naturally to me). I also liked to draw, play the violin, dance, and sing. I was always very artistic.
2. - From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had theskills to go on TV?
Although I always wanted to do theater in high school, I didn’t because I had a fear of public speaking. I studied drama in college and took a few acting classes, but music was always my passion. It wasn’t until my mid-twenties that I decided I wanted to act and started taking some classes. Regardless of whether people say I’m a good actress or not, which I know I am, I’ve always been confident in myself and have never placed any limitations on myself whatsoever. At one point or another, I always succeed at achieving my goals.
3. - Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?
Yes, they’re coming around 😊
4. - What was your first appearance on the screens?
I believe I first had a brief appearance for a few seconds in a student film in 2016. After taking a hiatus from acting, I had a supporting role where I played the sarcastic, bitchy friend to the lead character in an independent film called “Canceled.”
5. - What was the role you liked the most?
I liked playing the stepmother in this short film called “Broken Priority” where my step son ultimately kills his father because he doesn’t agree with his dreams of being a rapper. I also liked playing the therapist in this short film called “Dreams,” directed by Antoine Allen. I think it suits me a lot because I’m a good listener and have empathy, which is an important part of acting. My other favorite part was a psychic ad I did for an app called Kasamba. I’m very into the esoteric and metaphysical worlds.
6.- What do you think led you to fame?
I think fame chases me, not the other way around. I’ve always captured the spotlight, whether I want it or not.
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
Moving forward, I would like to continue to play dark, dramatic roles, such as detective, lawyer, cop, or even a vigilante of sorts. However, I’m naturally funny, especially dark humor, so I would love to be involved in more dramedies.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I feel comfortable working with everyone; I’m a people person. I also would love to work with older and more experienced actors than me so I can learn from them and up my game😊
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music,
among others)
I would love to do theater in the future as I believe actors are truly able to develop their technique and play during rehearsals, as well as the adrenaline rush of live performance. I also want to continue to write music.
10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
I believe everything that I’ve been through as a person has marked my life and built character. I particularly think moving to both New York and Los Angeles has made me grow as a person both personally and professionally and allowed me to step out of my comfort zones.
11.- What has been your greatest achievement?
I believe my greatest achievement is yet to come 😉
12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I haven’t seen anything that has wowed me yet, but I have faith that I’ll be part of it.
13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
Absolutely! I hear it’s a beautiful country 😊
14.- you like spanish cinema?
I’m not familiar with Spanish cinema, however, I would love to be involved in international cinema, as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif