Interviewing actor Shah Hussain



1-. How was your childhood?
I had a great childhood growing up. My parents being 1st generation South Asians did their level best to give us a good upbringing. My father worked various jobs and my mother worked two jobs. My childhood was awesome, not a care in the world and if it wasn’t school it was the playing field from morning to evening with no technology or other worldly distractions! Great times!!
2-. From what age did you decide to be a actor and how did you know you had the skills to go on TV?
I decided to be an actor at the age of 41 during the Covid lockdown period. I had a friend who told me to give it a go. So, I tried an online zoom taster class where I had to submit a self-tape to the teacher for feedback. My friend gave me good feedback, but I was too embarrassed to send the tape off to the acting teacher. I then researched the industry for a few weeks and enrolled onto an 8 week ‘Understanding Stanislavski’ course to learn the history of the art, this was followed by jumping onto a 3-year acting course. I amassed quite a number of credits in a short space of time securing roles via the various audition stages. I realised I started enjoying the whole process and I was learning more about the finer details of art. I still don’t know if I have the all the skills of an actor because it’s an ongoing process with many experiences still to yet come across.
3-. Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actor?
Yes, my parents did support me to get into acting with anything to lure me away from combat sports!
4-. What was your first appearance on the screens?
My first appearance on the screen was in a short film called Tony Two Shoes which was an action comedy based on UK gangsters, I played the role of The Bull as an enforcer with it being my first ever acting job with proper lines and voice over. My first appearance on the big screen was playing the role of Huss Ellis an assassin in DB Morgan and Gregg Masuaks urban vengeance thriller ‘Morris Men’
5-. What was the role you liked the most?
The role I liked the most was playing the lead role Asim in ‘6 weeks in Cairo’ which was my first role playing a foreign character with an accent. What made it more special was that it was based on a true story set in the early 1900’s using props and wardrobe that were worn in the World War 1.
6-. What do you think led you to Fame?
I don’t believe I am famous. I will be one day, watch this space!
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
I would love to interpret historical or real-life characters of any genre in order to fully apply the ‘Method’ element of acting into the performance.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
Any actor and actress that isn’t a Prima donna, is adaptable and can easily take direction without moaning.
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)
I would love to work in a theatre role as you’re not a proper actor if you haven’t done theatre!
10-. Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
Yes, prior to acting I had a career in the Private Security industry working as a Security detail for a Middle Eastern royal dignitary for 15 years, along side this career I also trained in Mixed Martial Arts and had 26 Professional bouts retiring in 2018. I am a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Ive always enjoyed the arts whether it has been doing talent contests at school, Martial arts and now the performing arts.
11-. What has been your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement is yet to arrive.
12-. What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I have secured a lead role in a short film towards the end of October around the them of honour killings and have just secured a role in a gritty modern day feature film where filming starts in November. I’m still auditioning at every given opportunity and I am confident I will have a few more credits to my name before the year is up.
13-. Would you like to make a movie in Spain?
I would love to make a movie in Spain, I have been to Spain countless times, I love the food, the people, the language and the culture.
14-. You like Spanish cinema?
Yes I do like Spanish cinema. Get me on Money Heist! There has been some absolutely bangers that have come out of Spanish cinema over the years and Spanish cinema is massive in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira

Interviewing actress Carolyn Meyer

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif