Interviewing actress Lauren Grimson



1-. How was your childhood?
My childhood was great, very magical. I’m very lucky to have a caring, fun and playful family. It’s certainly not perfect, but there’s a lot of love there.
2-. From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had theskills to go on TV?
I only considered acting as a profession seriously about 10 years ago. I’d signed on to do a local play to support a friend of mine and when I got out on stage on opening night I realised that this is something that I really loved and wanted to do for the rest of my life.
3- Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress?
Thankfully, I have incredibly supportive parents. And while they’re not in the arts themselves, they’re huge supporters of the arts. I’d been taken to see plays at the theatre since I was a very small child and I think that’s where my love for it began. I remember approaching my mum when I made the decision to really pursue acting as a career - I told her I needed to tell her something and was so nervous about her reaction - but she turned around and said that both of them would support me no matter what.
They have come to every theatre show every film screening I’ve had. I’m incredibly lucky.
4- What was your first appearance on the screens?
My first appearance on-screen was in a TV commercial with my dad when I was six years old.
5- What was the role you liked the most?
It’s incredibly hard for me to pick a single role – I’ve been lucky enough to portray a number of epic female characters and each of them have taught me different things. That’s something I always look for in a character - that she is not a prop to her male counterpart, she is a fully fledged character and is driving the story forward in her own right. Those are the kinds of roles that I’m interested in.
6.- What do you think led you to fame?
I am definitely not famous, and that’s not something I am particularly interested in. I love acting for the craft, I think if you get into the career to become famous you’ve chosen the hardest way to achieve that goal. They are much easier ways to become famous.
7-. What types of characters you would like to interpret?
Interesting, smart, strong women who teach me something about myself and the world.
8-. What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?
I think most of the great actors are warm, compassionate and open. After all, acting is an exercise in empathy, so I think you naturally need those qualities in order to really go deep, explore and play. I love working with actors who are kind, playful and clever.
9-. In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music, among others)
I also write poetry and do visual art. I love all forms of the arts and they all fill my cup in various ways. I also incorporate these elements into my character work and prep for acting.
10.- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?
Absolutely! An acting teacher once told our class “the cavalry isn’t coming” – which means that no one is coming to help you, or save you from yourself. You need to get out there and go after what it is that you want. I believe if you do that with integrity and love, you can’t really go wrong.
11.- What has been your greatest achievement?
It might sound corny, but I would say the relationships in my life. I am so grateful for my family and friends, and I try my best to cultivate and nurture those connections as best I can – I think connection is what gives life its meaning.
12.- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?
I’m very excited to have just signed onto a film with a director I’ve wanted to work with for years. She’s an absolute powerhouse. There are also a number of other very exciting film roles in the works that I’m not at liberty to talk about just yet, but watch this space.
13.- Would you like to make a movie in Spain? 
Absolutely I would!
14.- you like spanish cinema?
I love Spanish cinema. I was fortunate enough to sit on the feature film judging panel for A Night of Horror film festival last year and got to judge dozens of incredible horror films from around the world. The absolute stand out was a Spanish film called La mesita del comedor or The Coffee Table by Caye Casas. The acting, directing, cinematography blew my mind. Caye is a director I would absolutely love to work with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing actress Melany Hill

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira