Interviewing actress Isabelle Fontes



1- How was your childhood?

I was born and raised in Brazil, and I can say I had a great childhood. My dad is more of a hippie, while my mom was more sophisticated, as her father (my grandfather) was a congressman who often was invited to upscale events, like one where Prince Charles visited Brazil. Between my parents, I had an upbringing that allowed me to experience the best of both worlds—camping adventures with my father and spending time at the family ocean view apartment in Rio de Janeiro with my mom’s side of the family.

2- From what age did you decide to be an actress and how did you know you had theskills to go on TV? 

I think I always enjoyed performing, even though I didn’t fully realize it at the time. On top of that, I saw it as the perfect profession to help me see the world more quickly.


3- Did your parents support you in the decision you made to be an actress? 

Initially, my parents didn’t support my career choice. I had to wait until I finished school before I could start doing some commercial shoots in my hometown. I was only allowed to travel at around 18. After that, they realized I was serious about my decision and eventually gave me their full support.

4- What was your first appearance on the screens?
I was 15 when I shot my first big TV commercial. 
5- What was the role you liked the most? 

I was lucky enough to be involved in some amazing projects, and I have many favorites. 
In terms of music videos, two stand out: being the lead actress in Aerosmith’s “What Could Have Been Love” and playing a teacher in “With a Woman” by Rock Band The Darkness. 
As a presenter/spokesperson, my favorite experiences were hosting the video “Fantasy Land” for Disneyland and having my own show called “Conexão,” where I interviewed Latin American artists based in Miami. 
As a model, I had too many memorable projects to count, but filming for Sandals Resorts holds a special place for me—The clients were so nice, I had great time and was hired several times over a span of about 10 years. 
As a voice artist, my favorite role was dubbing for the soap opera “Santa Diabla.” I provided the voice for the character “Diabla,” and it was a very special experience.

6- What do you think led you to fame? 

I wouldn’t say I ever had fame, but I’ve been a full-time model, actress, and voice actor since I was 15, so I’d call it a successful career, my goal was not to be famous but to be able to live out of my career. I think my closest brush with “fame” was when I shot a reality show for Maxim magazine in Acapulco, and we were constantly surrounded by media.

7- What types of characters you would like to interpret? 

I love when I have the freedom to improvise a bit, and I think love comedy is my go-to genre.

8- What actresses and actors do you feel comfortable working with?

Most of the people I’ve worked with have been great, and I just really enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and nationalities.

9- In what other genres of art would you like to participate? (Works of theater, music,among others) 

I’ve worked in almost every genre, and while I don’t have a specific favorite, I feel most at ease shooting commercials and working as a spokesperson.


10- Do you have any anecdotes that have marked you in your life and as a person?

Something that has marked me as a person happened early in my career. I was still finding my way as and actress and during one particular shoot, I was supposed to film a scene and everything that could go wrong did—props were misplaced, lighting didn’t work, I missed my mark, and -as somebody that strives for perfection, just felt like a disaster. 
Instead of getting frustrated, the director took me aside and told me, “It’s not about perfection; it’s about how you recover.” That moment stuck with me. It taught me that resilience and adaptability matter far more than getting everything right on the first try. It shifted my perspective, not just in my career but in life, reminding me that mistakes are part of the process and growth.

11- What has been your greatest achievement?
I’m grateful to have been able to pursue this career full-time, I lived in 7 countries and able to take care of my self. 

12- What projects will you make next and which ones do you have in mind?

I have a few projects on the work but I am not allowed to share information just yet, but I would love to host a show about Brazil or anything with animals. 

13- Would you like to make a movie in Spain?

I love Spain, and I speak decent Spanish, so I’d love the opportunity to be part of a project there. I grew up watching French and Spanish films with my mom, and I truly admire the cinematography, directing, and the actors in Spanish cinema. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing actress Melany Hill

Interviewing the actress Gabriela Kulaif

Interviewing the actress Gio Di Oliveira